The Software Development Lead will be responsible for having a clear understanding of customer needs and mapping the customizations and 3rd party integrations required. The person will work closely with the core development team in Kolkata for product design and development. The successful candidate will be accountable for code development to deliver on the required customizations and integrations, adhering to our development processes such as scrum, source control, build mechanism and testing. The successful candidate will be knowledgeable and passionate about latest in software technologies and should be a hands-on developer.
The person will establish project and test plans, and be part of project review meetings with customer.
Member of GFS Software Engineering team reporting to the Vice President – Product Development. The Software Development Lead would play a key role in project delivery at customer sites involving customization and 3rd party integrations with our GFS Crane software. We are looking for a personskilled in Java/J2EE, preferably with knowledge of network protocols, device programming, RDBMS and good communication skills in English.
Software Development Lead
B.Tech/M.Tech from a reputed University in Computer Science, Electrical/Electronic engineering (or other engineering/Science) with relevant experience
The following are essential requirements for the position:
- 5+ years of product development in Java/J2EE/XML/JSON/Databases
- Experience in troubleshooting production environments
- Highly organized and detailed oriented with experience in scrum development process
- Familiarity with virtualization technologies such as VMWare.
- Familiarity with Cloud technologies such as AWS, Openstack
- Familiarity with container technology such as Docker
- Experienced in Linux/shell
- Familiarity with network protocols such as SNMP
- Familiarity with data center operations.
The following soft skills will be necessary:
- Experience in handling customers
- Being self-motivated and self-starter
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to deliver on time
- Keen interest in innovative work.
- Ability to travel when required
Fixed + Variable.
Gurgaon, India. This role requires travel to customer project sites in India and overseas. The candidate must possess a valid passport.